24 febrero 2007

The Joy of Dinner Parties

We went out to brunch at The Fitz in Fitzroy this past Thursday with some friends of ours. I ordered the Egg Florentine for the first time ever in my fabulous years of life. I was expecting the egg white to be bland and the egg yolk to explode all over my plate waiting for me to mop it up with a bit of bread. But there was no explosion of yellow, no white blandness. It was a good experience overall: A+ for spinach and eggs.

This Sunday we're having some friends over for dinner and it will be my vegan challenge. I've decided on the following menu (photos will soon follow, of course):

(*Denotes a vegan dish)
Entrees
Tofu and Vegetable Kofta Bals served with a spicy tomato sauce* (edit: tried the recipe, loved it)
Roast Pumpkin Crostini with Kalamata Tapenade*(edit: tastes good, but non enough "wow" factor)
Main
Canellini Salad with a Lemon and Fetta Dressing (edit: the dressing is very summery, yum)
Spinach Gnocchi with Confit of Tomato (edit: tried the recipe, not so good. Bake it in a seasoned tomato sauce topped with a bit of cheese. Yum!)
Dessert*
Pear Crumble

No hay comentarios.: