17 febrero 2007

Honourable Mention of the Week

Ever since I told the husband of the husband-wife owner team of the cafe that next Saturday would be my last day, he's been obviously annoyed with me. That didn't bother me because not even that was going to convince me to stay. What was bothering me was the fact that he was getting on my case about every single little mistake I made. For every million things I did correctly, he found the smallest little incorrect thing and had a hissy fit over it. A (very annoying regular) orders a savoury pastry and I bring it over to his table with a fork and serviette. A few moments later the owner rushes over to me and says, "How is the customer going to eat his pastry?!" With the fork I gave him, of course. Then he comes over and yells at me for not giving another customer a serviette. Then for mistakenly undercharging a customer .50 cents because they haven't taken the time to update the prices on the register. THEN for giving a customer a glass of ice water when I've seen HIM do it before. People complain about their cheap food, come behind the counter to make their own coffee and one guy even scolded me not remembering exactly how he likes his $2.80 cup of instant coffee. Yeah, so last night was my last night, thank goodness, and not next Saturday. What a hell hole.

I found this blog a few days on one of my silly Google searches, "How long does it take to become a chef?" -- One Toque Over the Line.

I cannot wait to have a day off. ((((sigh))))


No hay comentarios.: