16 febrero 2007

The Need to Celebrate

I am officially hired at the vegetarian restaurant (whose name I will refrain from mentioning in the event that I should have to say something nasty about a co-worker or feel the need to divulge information about food handling practices...just kidding!). I was kind of worried because in the true fashion of hospitality industry employers I was asked to "come in for a few more days to see how I go". When I mentioned that I did not want to quit my seedy cafe job until I knew I had another job to go to, the response was that the job was mine. I really can't see myself working at this cafe any longer, but my new boss thinks I'm a great person for giving them a week's notice to "help them out while they're struggling to find staff". That's a good thing, I guess.

I haven't had the chance to do much inspirational cooking lately as things have mostly been revolving around sleep, work and school. I did try a spiced tofu steak recipe a few days ago, which came out rather well for tofu steaks. I'll post some photos later on.

Next Sunday we will be having some friends over for dinner to celebrate our friend Julia's return to Melbourne from the Philippines and to celebrate what will hopefully be the beginning of my long road towards becoming a vegetarian chef. What's the best part about having friends over for dinner? Planning the menu!

2 comentarios:

Cindy dijo...

Congratulations! I hope it's a working environment more in tune with your long term goals. I have my suspicions about the location. ;-)

Dirty Flamingo dijo...

Thanks! Yeah, I'm sure it's not terribly difficult to figure out which location! Haha :)